In case the nails break easily or we have the feeling that they are very weak and are breaking in layers, it is necessary that we act because this type of condition means that our hands do not look as good as we want and the most serious factor is that they can signal health problems.
Causes of brittle nails
Nail cracks are often a sign that something is wrong with our bodies. Below you can explore the most common causes of brittle nails and learn some tricks to reverse this problem once presented.
Brittle nails are sometimes a sign of a more serious condition. One of the most common causes is the presence of brittle and brittle nails. People with thyroid insufficiency often notice some nail problems, such as ridges, thin nails, or disappearance of the white, crescent-shaped area at the base of the nail.
The intolerance to gluten occurs when the system autoimmune reacts to the protein found in wheat, rye, barley and oats times. Those who suffer from this disorder have problems digesting this protein, which ends up generating a chronic gastrointestinal problem, mental fatigue, muscle pain, and nutritional deficiencies, leading to brittle nails and dry hair.
Iron and vitamin deficiency
The iron deficiency can cause brittle nails that break easily, unusual shapes and sometimes bluish color at the base of the nail. There are other nutritional deficiencies such as the lack of vitamins, which can cause nail problems, the vitamins involved are vitamin C, D, E and B.
Acid PH of the body
When the body's pH is highly acidic, it can lead to serious health problems ranging from gastritis to weak and brittle nails among other more serious symptoms. For the body to function at its best, the pH must remain in the alkaline range. A diet full of processed carbohydrates, grains and sugars, a high consumption of alcohol and sodium can contribute to an acidic pH.
Lack of protein
Nails are made up of a fibrous protein called keratin and when there is a certain deficiency of protein, you are more likely to experience chronic fatigue, hair loss, brittle nails, an inability to recover quickly from injuries, and loss of muscle tone.
Other factors that cause nail problems
In most cases this is due to habits that are daily such as:
· Wash dishes without gloves. Cleaning supplies often contain many chemicals that damage nails and skin
· Low consumption of proteins and fatty acids. If the body lacks nutrients, it is clear that the composition of the nails will not be the best. Include more white meat, green leafy vegetables, and eggs in your diet.
· Take time to repair nails. If a nail is broken or cut it is necessary to act quickly so that it does not make the problem bigger.
· Very long nails. The greater their length the easier they will break.
· Using nails as tools.
· Biting your nails or putting them in your mouth all the time.
· Take time to do a manicure, ideally once a week.
Natural remedies to improve nail health
There are some home remedies that can be used to improve the health of the hands in general and bring a solution for brittle nails, making them stronger and more beautiful naturally.
They will strengthen the nails and prevent fungal infections. You just have to cut an onion in half and then put your fingers in for about five minutes. You will wash your hands after two hours. You can do the treatment at night so that you can avoid contact with other materials while you sleep, and in this way have a greater effect.
· The ingredients you will need are: a tablespoon of olive oil and five drops of lemon juice.
· Put the oil to heat over low heat.
· As soon as it gets warm you add the lemon.
· Wet a gauze or cotton ball and then apply to nails.
· Let it work for five minutes and then put on some cotton gloves.
· Sleep this way and the next day do not rinse as it will have dried.
The coconut oil is one of the healthiest oils that can be found. It is packed with antioxidants that fight free radicals and can also be very beneficial in preventing premature aging. To apply this home remedy, you just have to push the nail cuticles back carefully and massage with the coconut oil. Try to do it at night, to allow the coconut oil to stay in contact with your nail.
You don't want to sleep flat on your back. The best position for sleeping is on your side. If you must sleep on your stomach, put a pillow under your lower abdomen to help take stress off your back. Having a supportive mattress and pillow for your head are vital as well.